Friday, July 3, 2009

Yard Work and Smash Bros.

So I've beat Mario Galaxy and finished The Road. Both are awesome and should be partaken of. So now I'm moving on to new and not quite as awesome things. Tuesday and Thursday were my yard work days. Tuesday wasn't anything special--just put down a bunch of paper in an area behind my garage. It usually grows to be weed central. The guy who owned the house before us kept his dog in the area, and it would be a great place to store a boat or something. But I've no hound or boat, so it's been a worthless chunk of land that just looks awful. Yesterday was more of the real work. I got to haul around 26 bags of mulch and throw them on our long, empty flower beds. I don't know if they guy before us even had anything in those, but they've been an even bigger weed issue, so it was high time I did something about it. Now it all looks so pretty. Unfortunately for me, I'll probably have to keep the yard work schedule. Other duties that I've outright neglected have come to a point that can no more be tolerated. Gutters need cleaned, dead seed pods and stick still litter my back porch. The beads in the front of the house needs some addressing. And since I'll probably have to start watering my lawn, I'll have to start mowing more often (yippee).

In other news, I've started playing Smash Bros. Brawl. Smash Bros. Melee accounted for many an almost failed class in college, and I've not really played any Smashy goodness since. But since my brother is leaving and left me his stuff, it's back in my possession. A friend of mine and I played for a could of hours on Wednesday, and yesterday...I don't even know. It's not as awesome as Mario Galaxy if you have to play alone, but you add other players, and I don't think there's a game I'd rather play. Luckily, my other friends have jobs, so I won't get sucked in entirely and lose myself to the power of the Smash.

No comments: