Thursday, August 28, 2008

Moaning Over Moving

Helped a friend move a bunch of stuff from his apartment to a new house. Ugh. Moving. It really is as annoying as a task can be. For me, the worst part, truly, is the deception. Whether moving from the dorm at the end of the year or from my own apartment to our house, I always got that feeling of, "There's not much left. It will take maybe 30 more minutes." One year later, I'm still rummaging through crap that I had forgot I had and pausing to consider keeping it. I know I forgot it ever existed, but does that mean I should throw it out?

The answer is "yes, and with great haste." But that never happens. In fact, there are few things that are really worth saving after they've been lost then found. Pirate booty is always worth hanging on to, unless of course it is cursed. Instead, it is the answer to why you haven't felt anything in years and you rot when the moonlight hits you. More money or goods that could one day be used for money (movies, CDs, my mother) are worth stowing away as well. But since these are so rarely discovered during the Great Moving Adventure, moving still blows...like a tornado...that hurls you into power lines and destroys your house...that you just moved in to.

No comments: