Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Weekend That Was

I totally forgot about writing yesterday; thought it was still the weekend.

The weekend was pretty sweet, allergies aside. And despite spending a good chunk of time on Sunday helping my friend move from apartment to house, life was peachy...like an orchard. Anyhow the main thing I want to talk about is Death Race.

How weird is it to go see a movie because you know it's bad. If you've never seen Death Race 2000, you should...maybe. It's a whole bunch of suck, but it's really funny in how bad it truly is. I don't know who thought it should be resurrected, but they should probably be shot or given a medal. Honestly, the appeal of going to see a movie because you are not interested, but excited, to see it for its bad qualities.

I blame Chris. Before he moved here, I would never see a movie like that, not in the theatre anyway. However, he has opened my eyes to the magic of bad cinema (though that's too classy a term for movies such as these). So thank you, Chris. I thought after Beowulf, there could be no other to fill the crap-tastic void in my entertainment-obsessed brain. Now, I can live again.

No comments: