Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Odd Little Spiritual Insight

I preach at my church from time to time (once a month for now), and I was trying to think of something to say for one of my weekends. I don't know where it came from but, I think that Satan is just like my cat. For those of you who don't like cats, this comparison is nothing knew. In fact, I think cats are the animals that are most frequently compare to the devil. But the epiphany hit me (it didn't hurt too bad though) like this.

Everyday I get up and get ready for my day, and before I leave the house, I looked moderately spiffy. On most days, but especially those when I wear black pants, my cats decides to rub against my leg, leaving a trail of orange a white hair that can never be gotten off by just the brush of a hand. The hair, of course, represents sin and all of its annoying traits: it seems harmless but you don't want others to notice, and you can't just shake yourself free of it.

The analogy goes on to compare the Holy Spirit to a lint roller or something like that. But I won't bother describing that.

No comments: