Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Makes You Feel Good

Yesterday, I had a colleague say, "You're doing a hell of a job in there, damn it." It sounded a little awkward, as if he didn't swear much normally, but it raised my spirits until they were pressed against the ceiling tiles.

I suppose many people wonder if they do their jobs well and whether they make a difference is somebody's life, so it was awesome to hear some kind of reinforcement. It makes me wonder why people don't give more positive feedback. Do they realize how it feels to be told that what they do makes things better for somebody else? It reminds me of the Family Guy episode in which a murderer pokes himself with a knife. "Is that what I've been doing to people? I belong here." It makes me think that not enough people have been told that they are worthwhile. They don't realized how it makes the soul swell and hug you from inside.

Thank you Mr. Doughty for the soul hug.

No comments: