Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Nightmare Worth Having

Tomorrow is Halloween, and I was getting annoyed with myself that I have not watched The Nightmare Before Christmas yet this year. In fact, I haven't even listened to the soundtrack lately. Luckily, my annoyances left me as my friend and I rode downtown to see it in 3-D.

It was awesome.

I didn't see Nightmare until my 4th year of college, and I was obsessed with it instantly. But I had never been able to see it on the big screen, so this was thrilling. With the 3-D, which doesn't use any silly little gimmicks, a lot of little details came through that is really hard to see otherwise. I've seen the movie well over ten times in the last three years, and my friend has seen it who knows how many times in his life, but we both we awed by the details that we had never noticed before.

The only real nightmare was that they charged me $11.50 to get in. Grr.

In other news, this week has been great. After my bathroom adventures on Tuesday, I spent the afternoon wandering through town, taking pictures of stuff. The leaves and weather have just left me breathless...momentarily. I read a blog from a friend I haven't heard from in a couple of months, and life is peachy.

No comments: