Monday, November 3, 2008

Hit the Ground...and It Hurt.

Class is back in session. the week off was amazing, and I didn't want to it end (no surprise there). My lack of planning often comes to bite in unpleasant places, and this week is not much of an exception. I started planning my week yesterday. It seemed like it was far enough in advance, and on a school day, it may have been. I made my plans, then looked at what I would need for copies, and that's when the nibbling started.

I have 120+ students, and I never know if they will all be around or not, so I have to have copies for all. This wouldn't be such a big deal, except that out copier has a tendency of dying...a lot. I already jammed it once, and I fear trying again. So I'm half frantic, half indifferent (hence the blogging).

In other news, everybody should check out rifftrax.com. It will change your life. The people responsible for Mystery Science Theater 3000 have continued their work on more well-known works. This weekend, we downloaded their commentary for Jurassic Park and it was the best four bucks I ever spent. Seriously, if you have movies that you want to spice up, or if you've been curious about one but you're afraid it will suck, look into this. It makes everything better.

No comments: