Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Creation vs Evolution

Ever since high school, I have been interested in the various ideas and theories behind the origins of our world. How long has the planet been here? For how long did people live on it? How have we reach the point we are at now? From both sides, I've heard a lot of excellent and pathetic possibilities and interpretations.

Evolution is a fantastic theory, one that I think proves itself all over the planet. To think that Darwin was the first to notice it kind of surprises me. It doesn't seem to take much to see and compare varieties of creatures and see how they have adapted to stay alive. My problem, however, shows up when people place that theory in place of origins of the known universe. Though I can see how molecules can combine to become something new, I don't think I can ever be convinced that different chemicals, organisms, or molecules can reach a point that they can
become something completely different. When a people live in a new place, they will change features to become better adapted to their surroundings, I don't think that we will reach the point of becoming a new creature.

Creation, honestly, just make more sense. I picture God playing with elements to create different things, like a chemist mixing things in his laboratory. Without a guiding force I don't think that even the fittest could have survived everything that the planet has dished out.

More importantly, though, I believe that we need Creation to become better people. Without the belief that humans were once perfect and awesome beyond our comprehension, there is no reason to hope that we can become great again. If we were not a fallen race, there is no need for Christ. Why redeem that which was never perfect? On a humanitarian level, why help anybody out? Evolution teaches that the fastest and strongest survive and the weakest become lost. So where could we ever get the concept of helping out our fellow humans?

Though I believe both theories are at work on this planet, I can't deny the feeling that people need help. For that, I have no choice but to believe that we are not just animals in the evolutionary process, striving only to survive. We live and want others to live, which does not compute in an evolutionary way of thought.

1 comment:

Crunchbitegod said...

"Without a guiding force I don't think that even the fittest could have survived everything that the planet has dished out"
We survived before christianity came into existance. Of course if you believe in any form of god, you believe god was around guiding us before we had a concept of god, so that was a rather pointless point I made.

Im not quite sure where you draw the opinion that humans were once perfect. Just because something was never perfect doesn't mean we shouldn't try to make it perfect any way. Is there really even a need for christ? Maybe in a ethical sense, but not in a religous sense. Don't you think if Jesus's teachings were fallowed, but no religon was attached to it, they would have the same good effects? So far the world has shown me no proof that life couldn't exist fine with out religion.

"Evolution teaches that the fastest and strongest behind. So where could we ever get the concept of helping out our fellow humans?"

Yes, but your adding a much to personal view on this. The fastest and strongest speicies, not individuals. Helping our fellow humans, is what makes us strong enough to stay alive as a speices.

I too agree both theorys are at work, because honestly, something had to create everything. Reactions don't happen if there is no cause. Wanting others to stay alive, in my opinion, does compute in a evolutionary way of thought, because the want for them to live, is the want for humans as a whole to continue to live. Just my two cents, take it as you may.