Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Cat Piss

I accidentally made my wife cry over the weekend. I mentioned the possibility of ridding our house of cats. I don't really want to lose them, they are incredibly awesome, and I love them greatly. However, the weekend brought about two urinary occasions that left me quite upset. Whenever my parents come to town, they seem to receive the brunt of my kitties' bladder venom. One such peeing escapade was in my parents' suitcase. It was on the floor, a place that I thought I was clear about when I said, "Don't leave anything on the floor." But the other was on Sunday morning when I was stripping sheets from the bed and found a big wet spot. Either my parents have bed-wetting issues or one of my cats has taken its bathroom behavior to new heights.

I hollered for my wife to come down because I needed to talk to her. I showed the sheet and made my claim that if this persists, we may need to be done with them.

I love my cats, and I would likely not care as much about their pissing practices. However, with child en route, I'm feeling like I should care more. Yeah, I can replace almost anything they can urinate on, but with a kid rolling around the floor, or not being able to get away from such a substance, I'm feeling the need to take it all seriously.

Plus, I don't want Jr. to get peed on...that would just suck.

1 comment:

Carla Emmons said...

(I'm not sure how I randomly came across your blog...)

You have my total sympathy on this one. We're dealing with a new kitten with similar issues and we've gone through over a gallon of Nature's Miracle in 2 months. Sure, she's adorable, and it started as a UTI (which antibiotics cleared up), but it didn't go away after that and it's getting old now. Our vet actually put her on Xanax 10 days ago and it seems to be helping. (our theory is she had the UTI when she moved in with us... anxiety ensued...)

So, my recommendation is have the vet check them for infection first. There are lots of other tricks and tips and stuff like "Litter Attract" out there... but a UTI would be the easiest thing to fix. And with an adult cat, it might solve the urination problem in one fell swoop.

Good luck!!!

-C-
http://www.digital-tree.com