Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Registered Trademark

I hate the symbol for trademark and registered trademark. I especially hate how they clutter up the symbols and logos. This is especially true of the many awesome looking designs that frequent our media. My annoyance began a few years ago when I got a new hat with the Batman logo on it. I still like it plenty, but I hate how there's a little, yellow squiggle on the top right hand side of the bat. This little TM blotches our visual landscape and I'm not going to take it.

Then another thought came to me: can anybody use the trademark or registered trademark whenever they want? Are those symbols registered trademarks? I would like to just start putting those marks around my name. Can I do that? If they are registered trademarks, they should have an endless chain of circled "R"s that fade off into infinity.

1 comment:

Z said...

™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™
®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®®

Something like that? That would be annoying.

-Zaira™