Thursday, March 19, 2009

Bathroom Humor

So the other day I was on my way to the teacher's lounge area to use the bathroom. It's a tiny place with one urinal and one stall, but I prefer it to where the hundreds upon hundreds of student do their business. I sung the door open to find the stall occupied. "Drat. That was the whole reason I came here."

When somebody is in the bathroom, I'd just as soon never know who it is. But before I could leave, a fellow teacher flushed and emerged. He didn't say anything at first, but something wanted out. There was a tension, like something was about to burst.

"Had a kid coughin' in class, and I thought, 'Great, I'm gonna catch something.' Diarrhea. And right before break, too."

Thanks, I wanted to know.

He washed his hands and grumbled his way out the door. The stall was open now, but I decided that I could wait and not use the facility that had just but butt-burped in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so you found the way to quote Engvall!