Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Parent Teacher Conferences

I spent 12 hours at my school yesterday, and I'm doing it again today. Parent/Teacher conferences are not my favorite time of the semester. And though things went well yesterday, I am beat. I think of people who work massive shifts at hospitals or oil platforms who work for days straight and then take so many days off. Even with naps or whatever in between, I think my puny body would just not take it.

Overall, though, the conferences do allow me the opportunity to test the parental waters for support. It's all sorts of unfortunate when you don't have any support from home, and it's very reassuring to find some folk that will whip their kids into shape so I don't have to. And aside from the occasional mother staring at me like a dairy cow on the verge of being hit by a train, I found a lot of good support. Hopefully tonight will be equally supportive.

1 comment:

Crunchbitegod said...

I always figured the unsupportive parents are the ones that don't even bother to show up at conferences.