Thursday, April 16, 2009

Celebrity Status

I think I entered a new realm of existence at my school, a kooky one to be sure.

I had my head shaved into a Mohawk during lunch by a couple of students. It was part of a fund raiser--dare a staff member to do something and have students pay to have you do it. I was one of the biggest money makers. That made me feel good enough, but during the shaving ("I thought he said shave the world") I had a record number of phones and cameras aimed at me. Students that I have never had, seen, heard of crowded around to witness and add input to the sculpting of my scalp.

When I was done, there were many cheers, more laughs, and a couple of shrieks. But over all, I'm getting loads of attention. It's like being the Speedo Man in Grand Junction (I'll explain another time). And, likewise, the weirdest part is trying to act like nothing is different.

1 comment:

Z said...

Speedo Man in Grand Junction? I know what you mean. Well, I was there taking pictures but not for my own amusement. You must have felt like the center of attention, and for good reason because you were.