Thursday, April 30, 2009

I Like the Pain

Yesterday, Shihan taught Aikido. This is always a highlight, mostly because he kills me...and it never felt so good. Having my arm wrenched, my body tossed...life is awesome. I wouldn't say that I'm a masochist, but I do like my fair share of pain, given the pain has a point behind it. To be abused, jumped, or fall victim to a freak bowling accident would be no fun at all. But to beaten senseless on occasion is definitely a good time.

The only downside is the next day. Though I freaked out from time to time as Hubert cranked on my hand (sometimes it feels like I twist well beyond what my body's limits should be), this morning was much worse. Everything hurts. My back is sore, my arms don't want to move correctly, and I'm just tired.

It was totally worth it. I feel like I can dominate any 8-year-old I come across. Maybe after the next time I can move to 9-year-olds.

No comments: