Monday, April 20, 2009

Lord of the Flies

This week, I'm starting the novel with my English Ten class. To get them in the mindset, I asked them to write about how they would plan to survive if our class were stranded on an island. The responses were generally amusing with mentions of cannibalism (always makes me laugh...that's weird), monkeys, and the general class vibes about other class members. Throughout the papers though, one line just made me laugh.

"I would find my own little spot & gathered up all the black people & try 2 figure something out."

The writer continues to explain the eradication of the weak and making sure there is a boy to do all the hard work.

1 comment:

Crunchbitegod said...

I remember doing Lord Of The Flies last year. Good times, good times. Did you ever see the Lord Of The Flies video I was in for a few friends in Mrs. Maddux's class?