Thursday, April 9, 2009

Walking the Streets






Yesterday's post was lame city. I as looking at it again and thought, "What kind of weak description is that for the first leg of the trip?" I was a bit low on time, but still. So today, you'll at least get to see what I saw even if they are often tilted slightly to the left.

Anyhow, Washington was really cool. My only regret so far has been that I did not take near enough pictures. We moved around at such a fast pace that I didn't really get to shoot near as many things as I would have liked. Alas. These are some of the things I saw just walking about. The place was packed. We tried to get in to see a couple of what I'm told are awesome places, but lines were around the block, so I settled for just seeing as much on foot as I could.

It was chilly. In the forties, and the wind was blowing like mad. Most students did not bring much for a jacket (surprise). And I don't think I had walked so much in years. A solid 2 1/2 hours on foot, not to mention the rest of the standing around waiting for students and working my way through the Holocaust Museum.

Well, I suppose I should get some work done around here.

No comments: